- Tel. +385 1 6312 080
- Fax: +385 1 6312 090
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Customer service hours:
Information about visas
A visa is an entry permit for a short, temporary stay of less than 3 months (90 days).
- Croatian citizens do not need a visa for a short stay (max. 90 days) in Finland. However, if you are goin to study or work in Finland, you will need a residence permit.
- All other foreign nationals who do need a visa for Finland and have a residence permit in Croatia, can apply for a visa at the Embassy of Finland in Zagreb.
A complete list of foreign nationals who need a visa in the Schengen area and the application form can be found on the web pages of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland.
- By a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council, citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina holding a biometric passport are granted freedom from visa requirements in the Schengen area as from 15 December 2010. The duration of a visa-free stay is at most 90 days within a six-month period in the Schengen area. Please note that the visa requirement still applies to holders of a non-biometric passport.
We advise you to apply for a visa at least one month before the planned journey. The processing time is a maximum 15 days. Only under exceptional circumstances and in individual cases could this deadline be exceeded.
Required documents for visa application:
- Completed and signed visa application form
- Travel document (passport) valid for at least three (3) months following your journey
- Travel insurance in case of sudden illness or accident abroad (the insurance must cover the duration of your stay and be valid in the whole Schengen area, and the insurance indemnity shall be at least 30,000 euros)
- One (1) passport photograph
- Private or official letter of invitation or other document indicating the purpose, conditions and duration of your visit
- Reservation of flying ticket (round trip)
- Proof (e.g. bank account statement, cash, credit card) of sufficient funds (at least 40euros per day) to cover your stay
- Persons under 18 years of age intending to travel alone need the written consent of the legal guardians in order to apply for a visa
- A non-refundable application fee - an invoice for paying the fee is given when leaving the application
The fee must be paid to the following bank account:
Bank: RAIFFEISENBANK AUSTRIA d.d. ZAGREB
Account no: 1105854795
Account holder: EMBASSY OF FINLAND, Miramarska 23, 10000 ZAGREB, CROATIA
Raiffeisen Bank branch locations
back to the top